Football Journalist, Freelance (Jan 2017—)
- Reporting on Leicester City on my own platforms, breaking a number exclusives (some picked up by the Daily Telegraph and Leicester Mercury)
- Shifts covering Midlands football for Reach PLC
- Eight-month internship with 90min.com
- Work published by Sports Illustrated, Yahoo and MSN
- Work experience on Leicester Mercury sports desk
- Football features for: Leicester Mercury, Grimsby Telegraph, Coventry Telegraph, Hinckley Times, Planet Football
- News writing for Training Ground Guru and Sports Mole.
Copywriter & PR Officer, Apptuitive (Sep 2020—)
Part-time remote work for a New Jersey-based app marketing agency. Key responsibilities include writing copy for clients, building unique media contact lists and drafting press releases.
Reporter, Leicestershire Press (Oct 2018 – Apr 2021)
Producing written, audio and video news reports from across Leicestershire. Work has included an interview with the Deputy Mayor of Leicester, snap reports of city council meetings and a live blog of the Duke & Duchess of Cornwall’s visit to Leicester.
Media & Communications Officer, Barwell Football Club (Jul 2017 – Dec 2018)
- Regularly updated the club website
- Managed the club’s social media accounts
- Volunteered in other areas, such as running the club shop
- Worked evenings and weekends
- Wrote match reports for the Non League Paper, meeting tight deadlines every match day
- Liaised closely with club management and players, including Sylvan Ebanks-Blake.
BA (Hons) Journalism + NCTJ Diploma in Journalism at De Montfort University, 2018-2021
NCTJ qualifications inc. media law, court reporting, public affairs, shorthand and essential journalism.
BTEC Level 4 (HNC) in Business at South Leicestershire College, 2016-2017
3 x A Levels, 1 x AS Level and 10 x GCSEs (A*-C) at Countesthorpe Community College, 2012-2016
Awards & Key Skills
Chairman’s Award, Barwell Football Club End-of-Season Awards 2017/18
- News writing
- Feature writing
- Building and maintaining relationships with sources
- Social media management
- Communicating with sportspeople
- Corporate copywriting
Hobbies & Interests
Away from journalism and communications, I enjoy writing fiction and screenwriting. I am currently working on my first novel and a television drama series.
I also enjoy travelling across Britain with friends to explore new places. Snowdonia and the Peak District are two of my favourite regions to spend a couple of days away. The Isle of Skye is next on my list.